What if it Happens to You?
- Get safe!!
- Call a Sexual Assault Centre or Crisis Line
- Go to Hospital and get medical attention
- Possible injuries
- You always have the option to report to police and also the option of a “forensic” exam
- Get Safe!!
- Try not to pee until you can get a urine sample
- Go to the hospital and get medical attention
- Talk to friends to help fill in the blanks
- You have the option to report and the option of a “forensic” exam
- Trust your instincts
What if it Happens to Your Friend?
Reassure: Make sure they know it’s not her/his fault
Listen: Don’t judge or blame, be okay with silence, listen with an open mind
Wawa and Area Victim Services – Sexual Assault Program
Centre Victoria pour femmes